McDonald’s S’mores Pie

by KimHo on December 12, 2009 · 11 comments under: British Columbia,Food

OK, this is a totally random post: As you should have noticed already, I have created a Twitter account and, well, for good or for bad, have been “following” other fellow food bloggers. Yesterday, Mijune (of Follow Me Foodie) wrote this tweet:

Whoa! NEW S’mores Pie 2 for $1.39 at…McDonald’s!! I haven’t tried it yet, anyone else try it?

Later, Sherman (of Sherman’s Food Adventures) “replies”

@followmefoodie It looked scary to me… I didn’t try it. You go ahead and tell me about it! LOL…

Now, I am making an assumption here that Sherman was replying to Mijune’s tweet above, as there were other in-between tweets, including this one:

Did u do my apple pie trick? Tell them to make u an apple pie McFlurry…vanilla ice cream & ask to blend ur apple pie in it :) @kathygko

If my assumptions are correct, then, the only thing I can say is… C’mon, people, I can’t believe you won’t give it a try! :P

Since I was near a MickeyD’s, I thought “hey, let’s give it a try!”. So, here it is, MickeyD’s S’mores Pie!

There is some odd pricing here: 1 for $1.09, 2 for $1.39. I guess that partially explains why people end up overeating… In my case, I got both in the case I needed a “backup” when taking the pictures.

The pie, on its own…

“Breaking” the pie, seeing how the marshmallow “stretches” out

The marshmallow/chocolate distribution

Before I continue, I must admit I have never had s’mores in the past. Nope (or at least not the way it was intended)! Since I lived in the city for most of my childhood and never went to camps, I have never skewered a marshmallow and “toast” it over a campfire, put that semi-melted marshmallow in between graham crackers which had some chocolates in it. I did, however, did a semi-imitation by toasting the marshmallow over gas stove top. The main difference is that the experience is not necessarily the same.

As for the ones offered here… I found it way too sweet (probably my tastes have changed ), lacked that crunchiness from regular graham crackers and didn’t really tasted like chocolate at all. Then again, it is MickeyD’s… So, there you go, I am willing to try almost anything! :P

1 Mijune December 12, 2009 at 8:19 pm

OMG!!! KIM! You are awesome!!!! My curiosity is solved!! Thank you! Yes they’re are probably sweet, and for not gourmet and 2 $1.30 I guess there can’t be much to complain about.

I would defniitely try them too…I’ll try anything….except maybe those pig uterus things…

2 Kevin December 12, 2009 at 9:50 pm

You didn’t blend the apple pie with a McFlurry!! I thought that’s what you were gonna try…. :*(

3 Sherman December 13, 2009 at 12:09 am

Thanks for trying it. It looked sweet and I guess it was!

4 KimHo December 13, 2009 at 12:31 am

Mijune, as I have said in the past, almost anything for a good post! :)

Kevin, not in a hurry to try that, as I have had way too much sweets. Enough for a loooong time…

Sherman, given it is dessert, no surprise, eh? However, if they fill it with cheese or something savoury, it would make a killer snack!

5 raidar December 13, 2009 at 12:36 am

After working at Mc’s back in my high school days, I can totally see this being a sweet sweet treat; but I can’t help think it looks like a decent ‘pie’ s’more. I mean the marshmallow is stretchy. The biggest difference I suppose would be the crust.

If you think the gas stove top version isn’t authentic enough Kim, just picture a microwave version. Put a couple of chocolate chips on each cracker and melt for a few seconds. Then introduce the marshmallow and continue heating. Ghetto s’mores!

6 KimHo December 13, 2009 at 11:53 am

Raidar, never thought about nuking the chocolate and marshmallow. Should I give it a try or go by the “original” version? :)

7 Kate December 13, 2009 at 12:37 pm

I soooo want to try that!

And, you should try the REAL thing! Hmmm campfire at the river? The best is making smores with giant marshmallows stuffed with hershey bar pieces and toasted over the fire!

8 gigi December 15, 2009 at 2:10 pm

Interesting! My brother is a big smores fan so I will tell him about this!

9 KimHo December 15, 2009 at 5:04 pm

Gigi, since he is a s’mores fan, after he tries it, can you ask him for opinions?

10 karameltz March 9, 2010 at 1:41 pm

lol i’m eating it right now it’s incredibly delicous and creamy and so delightfully tasty try it, it’s awesome i can’t believe its only around 1$ i recommend it’ll be one of your favorite deserts oh and try it with milk its even better! good luck:D

{ 1 trackback }